Article 1. Scope of Standard Agreement
1. The Terms and Conditions for Accommodation disclosed herewith pertain
to sales and services provided to the client, hereafter referred to as
"Guest," and performed by the entity known as Motoyu Ryuusenkaku,
hereafter referred to as "Ryokan." Items not specifically stated
in this Agreement shall be subject to and governed by laws, regulations,
and generally accepted practices of Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.
2. The Ryokan, at its own discretion, may, in accordance with any applicable
laws, regulations, or generally accepted practices, conclude a special
contract with the Guest. The provisions of this special contract shall
take precedence over terms and conditions stated in this Agreement.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation
1. Guests wishing to stay at the Ryokan shall submit an application for
an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan by providing the following information:
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date(s) of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Amount of base accommodation charges (calculated using the Attached
Table 1 for Base Accommodation Charges); and
(4) Other items deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. Requests for an extension of accommodation beyond the date stated in
the application for Accommodation Contract shall be regarded as an application
for a new Accommodation Contract.
Article 3. Acceptance of Accommodation Contract
1. An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed valid when the Ryokan has
duly accepted the application as stipulated in Article 2. However, in the
absence of confirmation of acceptance by the Ryokan, the application shall
be considered invalid.
2. When an Accommodation Contract is deemed valid in accordance with the
of Article 3. Paragraph 1, the Guest is requested to provide a security
deposit by a date specified by the Ryokan. The amount of the security deposit
will be determined by the Ryokan based on a percentage of the base accommodation
charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (or first 3 days when
the period of stay exceeds 3 days).
3. The security deposit shall be applied to the total amount of charges
owed by the Guest for services, to fees assessed for late cancellation
as stated in Article 7, or to fees assessed as reparations for damages
as stated in Article 18. Any amount of the security deposit remaining after
the payment of the accommodation charges or applicable fees shall be refunded
at the time of the payment as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the requested date,
the Ryokan shall consider the Accommodation Contract invalid. However,
this determination shall apply only when the Ryokan has notified the Guest
beforehand of a payment date for a security deposit.
Article 4. Special Contracts Requiring No Security Deposit
1. After an Accommodation Contract has been concluded between the Guest
and Ryokan, the Ryokan, at its own discretion, may waive a security deposit.
2. In the event that the Ryokan has not requested a security deposit as
stipulated in Article 3. Paragraph 2 and/or has not specified the payment
date of the security deposit in its acceptance of the Accommodation Contract,
a special contract shall be understood to exist between the Ryokan and
Guest. This special contract shall be subject to the provisions stated
in Article 4 Paragraph 1.
Article 5. Accommodation Contracts Entered through the Internet and/or
1. Applications made via the Online Reservation System or e-mail shall
be considered standard Accommodation Contracts subject to Terms and Conditions
Article 6. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
1. The Ryokan reserves the right to refuse applications for accommodation
for the following reasons:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions
of these Terms and Conditions of Accommodation;
(2) When the Ryokan is fully booked with no available rooms;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to act in a manner
contravene to local laws, public order, or accepted moral behavior in regard
to his or her accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation has a communicable disease;
(5) When the Ryokan has been requested to assume an unreasonable burden
in regard to the Guest's accommodation;
(6) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities,
facility malfunctions, or other unavoidable causes; or
(7) When the provisions of Article 4 of the Hyogo Prefecture Ordinances
Article 7. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying
2. When the Guest cancels the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part
due to causes for which the Guest is liable, the Guest shall pay a cancellation
fee as listed in the Attached Table 2. Should the Guest fail to arrive
without advance notice by 18:00 of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after
the expected time of arrival), the Ryokan reserves the right to consider
the Accommodation Contract cancelled by the Guest.
Article 8. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Ryokan
1. The Ryokan may cancel the Accommodation Contract for any of the following
(1) When the Guest is deemed likely to act, or has acted, in a manner contravene
to local laws, public order, or accepted moral behavior in regard to his
or her accommodation;
(2) When the Guest has an communicable disease;
(3) When the Ryokan has been requested to assume an unreasonable burden
in regard to his or her accommodation;
(4) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities
and/or other causes of force majeure;
(5) When the provisions of Article 4 of the Hyogo Prefecture Ordinances
(6) When the Guest violates the Use Regulations by smoking in bed, mishandling
the fire extinguishing equipment, or performing other prohibited actions
as specified by the Ryokan. (Acts of particular concern are those that
could lead to fire or endanger public safety.)
2. In the event the Ryokan must cancel the Accommodation Contract due to
reasons listed above in Article 8 Paragraph 1, the Ryokan shall not charge
the Guest in the remaining contractual period for any services the Guest
will not receive.
Article 9. Registration
1. The Guest shall provide the following information to the front desk
of the Ryokan on the day of accommodation:
(1) Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (non-residents
(3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
(4) Other information deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. When the Guest wishes to pay accommodation charges prescribed in Article
12 by any method of payment other than Japanese currency such as traveler's
checks or credit cards, the method of payment must be stated and approved
at the time of registration with all the required information provided.
Article 10. Occupancy of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Ryokan
from 15:00. to 10:00 the next morning. However, when the intended stay
continues for consecutive days, the Guest may, with the exception of the
day of arrival and departure, occupy the room continuously.
2. The Ryokan may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in Article
10 Paragraph 1, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the prescribed
time. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
1,500 yen per person per hour
Article 11. Observance of Use Regulations
1. The Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Ryokan
Article 12. Payment of Accommodation Charges
1. An itemized list of the charges to be paid by the Guest is stated in
the Attached Table 1.
2. Accommodation charges stated in Article 12 Paragraph 1 shall be paid
using either Japanese currency or other methods of payment recognized by
the Ryokan at the time of departure such as traveler's checks or credit
cards. The Ryokan may request a certain method of payment.
3. Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest has chosen not
to utilize the
accommodation facilities provided by the Ryokan.
Article 13. Ryokan Liability
1. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for damage caused by the Ryokan
to the Guest in the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the Accommodation
Contract and/or related agreements. However, the compensation shall not
be extended to damage caused for reasons outside the control or liability
of the Ryokan.
2. The Ryokan has received certificates of excellence regarding the Fire
Prevention Standard issued by the fire department and is covered for fires
and other natural disasters by Liability Insurance for Japanese Inns.
Article 14. Procedures When Contracted Rooms Become Unavailable
1.The Ryokan shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation
of equivalent standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as it is practical
and in agreement with the Guest.
2. When arrangements for other accommodations cannot be made notwithstanding
provisions of Article 14 Paragraph 1, the Ryokan shall pay the Guest a
compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation fee. However, when the
Ryokan cannot provide accommodation due to reasons beyond its control,
the Ryokan shall not compensate the Guest.
Article 15. Procedures for Deposited Articles
1. With the exception of losses due to causes of force majeure, the Ryokan
shall compensate the Guest for loss or damage occurring to goods, cash
or valuables held for safekeeping at the front desk. Compensation, however,
shall be limited to a maximum of 150,000 yen.
Article 16. Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
1. Should the baggage of the Guest be brought to the Ryokan before the
arrival of the Guest, the Ryokan shall assume responsibility only when
a request has been made and approved by the Ryokan in advance. The baggage
shall be presented to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his or
2. Should an item belonging to the Guest be found after the Guest has checked
the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan shall inform the
owner of the article's existence and ask for further instructions. Should
the owner give no instructions to the Ryokan or ownership is not confirmed,
the Ryokan shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it was found.
After this period, the Ryokan shall turn it over to the nearest police
3. The Ryokan's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's belongings
in the case of
Article 16 Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions
of Article 15 Paragraph 1.
Article 17. Liability in Regard to Parking
1. The Ryokan shall not assume any liability for vehicles parked by the
Guest on the premises even when the Ryokan is in possession of the key
to the vehicle. However, the Ryokan may decide to compensate the Guest
if damage is caused through the gross negligence on the part of the Ryokan
Article 18. Liability of the Guest
1. The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan for any damage caused through
either the intention or negligence of the Guest.
|Attached Table 1
Method for calculating charges for accommodation and services.
(Refer to Article 2 Paragraph 1 and Article 12 Paragraph 1)
|1. Base Accommodation Charges (Room Charges and Breakfast/Dinner Charges)
|2. Extra Meals and Drinks (Other than Standard Breakfast/Dinner) and Other
|3. Service Charge: 15% of Items 1 and 2.
|4. Consumption Tax: 5% of the Total Amount of Items 1 to 3
|5. Spa Bath Tax: 150 Yen per Person
|*Total Amount of Items 1 to 5: Required Payment by the Guest.
|Attached Table 2
Cancellation Charge for the Ryokan (Refer to Article 7 Paragraph 2)
|Number of Guests per Group
|1 to 14
||15 to 30
||31 to 100
||101 or more
|On Date of Reservation
|1 Day Prior to Date of Reservation
|2 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|3 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|4 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|5 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|6 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|7 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|14 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
|30 Days Prior to Date of Reservation
1. Cancellation fees are calculated as a percentage of the room rate for
Base Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of contracted days is reduced, the cancellation fee
for the first day shall be paid
by the Guest regardless of the number of days reduced.
3. When there is a partial cancellation of a group booking of 15 people,
the cancellation fee shall not be assessed for the number of people less
than or equivalent to 10% of the total number of people booked as of 10
days prior to the date of occupancy. When accepted less than 10 days prior
to occupancy, fractions are rounded up to whole numbers.
"Motoyu Ryuusenkaku - Arima Onsen"
1663, Utsugidani, Arima-cho, Kita-ku,
Kobe City, Hyogo, 651-1401 Japan
Tel: 078-904-0901 Fax: 078-903-0099
E-mail address: email@example.com
Experience the finest in Japanese hospitality complete with relaxing outdoor
mineral baths and exquisite Japanese cuisine at Ryuusenkaku.